Stanford Cycling is both a team and a club
Team membership has dues and is meant for those who want to be eligible to race; the club is for those who just want to ride or train with us.
The Cycling Club
If you just want to get out there and ride your bike with us, getting started is easy
- Join our Google Group mailing list.
- Wait for someone to post a ride you’d like to come along for, or advertise a ride of your own.
- Meet up at the team room or campus post office (known on the mailing list as the PO) with your bike and helmet.
- Pedal, stay upright.
The Cycling Team
In addition to hosting club rides in the area, we also field one of the nation’s strongest competitive collegiate cycling teams. Team membership requires quarterly or yearly dues, but has the following perks:
- Full reimbursement of collegiate race expenses
- Comprehensive coaching
- Sponsor deals from some of the best companies in the industry
- Annual weekend Team Training Camp in picturesque California locations
- A high-acheiving team with national and district championships…
- …but also with depth across all racing categories, and with teammates who don’t race
- A great community — probably the most fun group of people you’ll find at Stanford. We’re serious.
- Access to a modern and spacious team room full of useful cycling gear and tools
- The ability to rent quality team bikes
- Comprehensive coaching with training plans for every ability level
Are you eligible to join or race? (click below)
We’re glad to hear that you’re interested in joining. If you have any questions, please contact a recruitment officer or captain! Then, follow the steps at the bottom of the page.
We’re glad you’re interested in joining! Unfortunately, you have to be a student to race, but you’re more than welcome to participate in other team events. (Post-docs are considered students and are eligible to race!)
If you’d like to join the team and receive all the benefits except for race reimbursement, please follow the steps at the bottom of the page!
Alumni are eligible for special annual dues of $120. Besides that, go ahead and follow the steps at the bottom of the page to join!
As a Club Sports team, we unfortunately can’t offer you a scholarship or assistance with gaining admission to Stanford. We encourage you to maintain an excellent academic record and make sure your passion for cycling comes through on your application!
If you’d like to talk with someone or come on a ride while you’re on a campus visit, please contact a recruitment officer.
Ready to Join?
Follow these steps.
- Pay dues. Dues for the 2017-2018 membership year are $225 and include a free jersey, or $75 per quarter with no jersey. Alumni may pay $120 per year with no jersey. To pay dues, you may:
- PayPal (andrewmhilger [at] gmail.com) or Venmo (@Andrew-Hilgrr) the relevant amount to our treasurer, ensuring you include “Stanford Cycling dues, [your name]” in the note section. Use the same name on all forms!
- Make arrangements to pay dues via cash or check by contacting the treasurer.
- Fill out our team survey.
- If you have a car or could ever see yourself driving anywhere for the team, complete the Driver Form. Return this form directly to Risk Management and to the Treasurer.
- Sign our non-disclosure agreement. If you have a SUNet ID, use our online NDA; if you don’t, use the paper version and drop it off with your dues.
- As of the summer before the 2017-18 academic year, Clubs Sports is revamping this service, so if you may have to wait until Autumn quarter to do this part.
Sign up for the team on Do Sports Easy. Complete all the online forms on this website and the three PDF health forms at the end. The PDF forms must be turned in to the Club Sports Athletic Training Room in the AOERC (Room 103E).
We have an official team member only mailing list where you will get access to our coaching info, sponsor discounts, etc. You can only get an invite to this list once you have done all 4 tasks above.